Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Look!

I decided to update this blog! One reason why, is I added an ad from a favorite site of mine, Likenit.com! I have tried to make Sunday's a little different for my family, than every other day of the week. In theory, the kids are not playing video games, we don't play with friends, we don't watch regular TV or cartoons, go to the store, basically things that we can do every other day of the week. Well, one thing that I have found that helps, are these wonderful movies that Lightstone has made. These movies have singing, a lot of humor, great scriptural stories, and they really help to bring the proper Spirit to our Sabbath days. The kids even like them, and we all enjoy singing the great songs that are in them.

My awesome friend Jaime Lea (When I grow up, I want to be just like her), and her friend Rachel (whom I get to meet in March!!!) have great, inspiring blogs. I really need to learn to get my feelings and thoughts out as well as they do. You ladies truly are an inspiration to me!!



My parents sent me a picture of my Dad from when he was very young. In the picture, he is standing with some of his cousins. When I saw this picture, I know that I wanted to scrap it. So, I am including the page that I made with this picture. My layout is entitled "Mis Primos" or My Cousins. Love you Dad!! I'm soooo grateful for my wonderful Heritage!!


And lastly, can't forget More Than Scrapbooking!! We are having our first on-line crop (scrapbooking party) on Friday, February 1st, at 5 pm (Mountain Time) until Saturday, February 2nd, at 5 pm. A FUN 24-hour crop!! There will be lots of challenges, and of course PRIZES!!! Oh! posted is a picture of the February 2008 kit.

3 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Lola, you are such a beautiful gal! AND you give me far too much credit. I love the new kit! You know how much I adore TI.

I can't wait until you meet Rach. She is going to adore you as much as I do.

Keep bloggin. Keep sharing. Keep scrapping.

Rachel Mai said...

Wow! Thanks for the compliment. I LOVE the "New Look." You remind me that my Sundays can always be more Sabbath-like. Thanks for the example.

Emily said...

Wahoo... Lori you are finally starting to update your blog more often!!! I will have to stop in more often!!